I recently had my sweet friend, Amy Brown, from The Bobby Bones Show on the Velvet’s Edge Podcast to talk morning routines that set your body right. She has a routine that starts immediately when she wakes up with food and beverage choices. If you haven’t listened to that mini-sode yet, search ‘Velvet’s Edge’ wherever you listen to podcast. We talked about numerous recipes and why eating certain things during certain times of the month can be beneficial. Here are the recipes below and make sure to listen to the podcast for all the details!
Hot Lemon Water
- ½ lemon
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1/3 cup boiling water
– Squeeze the lemon using a reamer or with your hands.
– Mix the cold and boiling water.
– Mix all the ingredients.
– Drink it while still warm.You can add one of these honey for taste.
Glowing Green Smoothie ®
- 2 cups very cold, filtered water
- 7 cups spinach, chopped
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1½ cups chopped celery, about 2 stalks
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1 pear, cored and chopped
- 1 banana
- 2 Tbs. fresh organic lemon juice
– Add water, spinach and chopped romaine to the blender. Starting the blender on a low speed; mix until smooth.
– Gradually move to higher speeds and add the herbs, celery, pear, and apple. Add the banana and lemon juice last.
Note: Always blend the greens first is to ensure they have the most time to break down. Fruit is made of simple sugars and water, so it doesn’t need to be blended as long.
Fab 4 Smoothie
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- ¼ avocado
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Handful spinach
- 1 small Persian cucumber
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups unsweetened nut milk
Blend all ingredients together until very smooth.
You already know I’m a huge fan of Bulletproof. Find out why I love bulletproof coffee and make it part of my morning routine here.