With all of the parties happening this Fourth of July, most of us will be bound to bring some sort of treat. However, deliciousness does not mean you have to neglect the way you typically eat, especially if you follow any sort of gluten or dairy free diet. This dessert is known to be a huge crowd pleaser, plus it’s really simple to make AND follows gluten and dairy dietary restrictions!
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED:
FOR THE GLUTEN FREE CRUST:
- 2 cups – Old Fashioned Oats (use coconut flakes for low carb / keto / paleo)
- 3/4 cup – Oat Flour (use almond flour for low carb / keto / paleo)
- 3/4 cup – Honey (use sugar free Maple Syrup or liquid monk fruit sweetener for low carb / keto)
- 3 tbsp – Coconut Oil, room temperature
- 1 tsp – Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp – Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp – Salt
FOR THE CREAM SPREAD:
- 1-1 1/3 cup – Plain Greek Yogurt (use dairy free yogurt such as Kite Hill or coconut cream for low carb / keto / paleo)
- 1-2 tbsp – Honey (use sugar free Maple Syrup or liquid monk fruit sweetener for low carb / keto)
- 1 tsp – Vanilla
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY FRUIT PIZZA:
PREHEAT your oven to 350 F.
GREASE a 10-inch cake pan with baking spray or line with parchment paper and set aside.
MAKE THE CRUST:In a large bowl, combine oats, oat flour, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt together. Add the honey and coconut oil and mix until dough is combined and sticks together. Use your hands or a fork as needed.
SPREAD THE MIXTURE into prepared pan and press down firmly with a spatula or the bottom of a glass cup.
BAKE CRUST:Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely (place in the refrigerator or freezer to cool faster).
MAKE THE CREAM TOPPING:Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, combine yogurt with honey and vanilla. Use an offset spatula to spread yogurt over cooled crust.
DECORATE:Arrange fresh berries. Enjoy immediately or place in the fridge to cool and set.
*Healthy version is from Life Made Sweeter.