I have recently learned about the 7 chakras and loved getting into all the details with Dr. Erica Matluck (@ericamatluck)(@experienceseveensenses), this week on the Velvet’s Edge Podcast. Listen to that episode here! Erica and I broke down each chakra and some of the ways they can show as imbalanced or balanced within your body. Imbalanced chakras can be responsible for everything from obesity to infertility. It truly is so fascinating to see how our health is much more than external symptoms that can be fixed by a pill or surgery. While I do believe Western Medicine changes lives, I also believe there is a bigger picture that holistically encompasses why we get sick and the root behind what is making us sick. The Chakra system is a huge part of that and also on the positive side, it’s a huge part of any release or freedom we find within ourselves and in our lifetime. Erica truly is a wealth of knowledge, so if you are new to the chakra system, like I am, listen to the podcast. She is so informative of what each chakra imbalance may cause in our bodies and also how to grow. If you are stuck in bad relationships, have chronic allergies or even digestion issues, this episode may be your new bible.
Let’s break each chakra down…
- The Root Chakra: This chakra represents your connection to the earth, what grounds you. This means safety, money, and shelter. This chakra lives at the base of the spine and is the first chakra you physically form.
- The Sacral Chakra: This represents where you stand with yourself and how you enjoy your life here on earth. This is located at the base of the belly button. This chakra is all about your identity as a human and what you do with it. From of all 7 chakras, this chakra is responsible for bringing you creative energy to help enrich your life.
- The Solar Plexus Chakra: Located from the breastbone back down to the belly button, this chakra houses your self-confidence, identity, and personal power.
- The Heart Chakra: Where your love, compassion, and kindness reside. The heart chakra’s center is located right over your heart and it radiates down to your breastbone and up to your throat. It is the middle one of the 7 chakras and it’s connecting the higher chakras (the heaven) with the lower chakras (the physical world).
- The Throat Chakra: On a physical level, of course, the answer is the throat, but on an energetic level, this energy actually comes from your 5th chakra. This chakra lets you speak your truth with clarity. Resting right above the heart, the throat chakra is connected to the compassion and love you have for yourself and others.
- The Third Eye Chakra: The 6th chakra is the Third Eye Chakra Ajna which translates to “beyond wisdom.” This chakra opens up your mind to information beyond the material world and the 5 senses. Extrasensory perception, intuition or psychic energy, all come from the third eye.
- The Crown Chakra: This chakra is pure consciousness energy. The Crown chakra is one of those energies that’s hard to explain. Consciousness energy is everywhere and in everything. It connects us to the entire universe. Our own personal consciousness is located in the 7th chakra, but it’s really more like the seed of a universal energy than something personal or individual.
I have linked chakra enhancing crystals and healing tools to guide you with your own chakras, all top-rated!
For a more in-depth conversation about chakras with a nurse practitioner and naturopath, Erica Matluck, click here.
Feature image via @experiencesevensenses