Maxi dresses are not only a staple but have many lovable qualities. They are comfortable, can take you from daytime to evening events, and it’s easy to wear shape. But finding the perfect fit is key. Below I found all the tips you need to know to find the most flattering maxi dress for your body type.
If you have a large bust…
- A fitted maxi or wrap style will beautifully define your waistline. Without the accentuated silhouette, you may appear larger than you actually are.
- Steer clear from strapless options and find a higher neckline. For example, slight v’s and boat necks. Overexposure of the cleavage does not look good. Also, styles with thicker straps that way the maxi will accommodate wearing a bra if you prefer.
- Keep it simple. Avoid ruffles or pleats, they can add fullness to your curves.
If you have a small bust…
- Embrace your cup size by trying silhouettes with deep diving necks and open backs.
- If you want to add to your bust, try maxis with ruched details. This helps create an illusion of a larger bust.
- Wear two color tones to distract from the chest area.
If you are curvy…
- Look for a maxi that skims your form… not clings.
- Go for thicker straps or strapless, you don’t want to dig into your shoulders.
- Look for bold prints, not small patterns. Large scale is more flattering than small scale.
Shop Kelly’s Look: