Hi. I’m Kelly and I’m consistently five minutes late to everything. It’s a problem.
If you are anything like me and are chronically late, regardless of what’s going on, you are probably also like me and are extremely rushed to get out the door. It’s really a phenomenon actually. I could have hours to get ready and no matter what the circumstance, I will find a way to be slapping on makeup and running out the door. Since I do this pretty much every day, I’ve really narrowed down the necessities of what I need to look presentable in the shortest possible amount of time. Here is a video of a few quick and easy steps to look good in five minutes or less:
1. I always apply concealer to my under eyes or any “problem areas” a.k.a. “zits”.
I use MAC Prolongwear Concealer. Find it here.
My skin also tends to be red or a little discolored in certain areas because of sun spots and freckles, so I apply a sheer foundation all over my face.
I use Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. Find it here.
2. Brightening up cheeks is a quick way to give your face some life, especially in the morning.
I use MAC powder blush in Gingerly. Find it here.
3. When I am running late, I don’t have tons of time to spend creating some over the top eye. I use one cream shadow and apply it all the way from the lash line to above the crease. Applying it right above the crease opens up the eye and helps the minimal eye makeup look more polished. I make sure to blend it in with my finger to avoid any harsh lines.
I use MAC paint pot in Natural Eye. Find it here.
4. Lining eyes and using mascara are what give your eye definition. So even if its quick, its a great step to not look haggard and look like you spent some time on your makeup.
When I am in a hurry, I line eyes in the upper lash line and underneath top lashes in the water line. That sounds really weird I know, but it gives the eye some depth. I also line bottom lash line and blend with finger…again to avoid harsh lines.
I use MakeUp Forever waterproof eye pencil in 01. Find it here.
For mascara, I am all over the place. I love trying different kinds. In this video I used Covergirl Super Sizer mascara, which I have to say for a drugstore mascara I liked. The brush breaks up lashes a lot to avoid that piecey, too much mascara look. Find it here.
To really open up your eyes, especially in the morning. Curl lashes before applying mascara.
5. ALWAYS fill in your brows. That is the one makeup trick I never go without no matter how much time I have. Eyebrows are the frame to your face. Nothing accentuates features like filling in your eye brows. Find my brow pencil here.
6. For daytime or just a more natural look in general, I like a to use a lip color that is in the same color family and just enhances my natural lip color.
I use Tarte Lip Pencil (which are amazing and easy to use) in Envy. Find it here.
I apply a clear gloss on top. I like gloss with a plumper, I swear they do work temporarily!! Maybe it’s just in my head, but the plumper tells my head, which tells my lips that they do indeed look more full. Don’t knock it ’till you try it.
I use Buxom Full Bodied Lip Gloss. Find it here.
Leave a comment