Thanksgiving is next week, so I decided to share my favorite crowd pleasing recipe! This Strawberry Crunch Salad is something you could make ahead of time, keep in the refrigerator and take on the day of. Your relatives or friends will love this AND it’s easy for any level of chef to make. WARNING: this is not healthy, but it’s Thanksgiving, everyone’s excuse for an off-day!
Strawberry Crunch Salad
2 Cups crushed Pretzels
3/4 Cup Melted Butter
3 Tablespoons Sugar
1 8oz Package of softened Cream Cheese
1 Cup Sugar (this is not a typo, add more sugar :))
1 8oz Carton Frozen Whipped Topping (CoolWhip)
6oz Strawberry Gelatin Mix
2 Cups Boiling Water
20 oz Frozen Strawberries
– Pre-Heat oven to 400°.
– Combine 2 Cups Pretzels, 3/4 Cups Butter, 3 Tablespoons in a bowl.
– Once Combined, spread mixture in bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
– Bake for 10 minutes, take out of oven and let pan cool completely.
– Whip together the 8oz Cream Cheese and Cup of sugar with a electric mixer.
– Fold in Whipped topping until combined.
– Spread Mixture over the cooled pretzel crust.
– Boil 2 cups of water. (in microwave or over stove)
– Add 6oz of Strawberry Gelatin, stir until dissolved.
– Stir in the 10oz of Frozen Strawberries.
– Let consistency firm a little.
– Pour on the top layer of dish.
– Place in Refrigerator until Gelatin is completely solid.
Take to Thanksgiving Feast and Enjoy!